If you employ staff without declaring them you take a lot of risks!
By employing staff I mean 2 different things. You run your own business in
If you get caught by URSSAF, you could face 2 types of sanctions:
- Penal sanctions:
- Up to 3 years imprisonment and a fine of €45 000 for a private individual
- A fine of €225 000 and dissolution and closure of the business for a company
- Administrative sanctions:
- Back payment of contributions and taxes plus penalty charges.
- Standard liability equivalent to at least 6 months of guaranteed minimum wage
- Cancellation of previous tax rebates and exoneration.