Tuesday 15 June 2010

Can I install a mobile-home in my back garden in France?

I often get asked this question by my clients who undertake renovations in their property in France.

Here is the answer:

Under French law, you are not allowed to live in a mobile home unless it is for a holiday purpose or a temporary measure.

If you wish to live in a mobile home whilst your property is being renovated, you will need an authorization from your local mairie. So write a letter to the maire giving of course your name and address and the length of time you need it. Wait for their answer!

You may need a planning permission depending on the size of the mobile home. Don’t worry, the mairie will inform you of the requirement.

If you need any assistance with any paperwork or drafting a letter to the maire, please contact me and I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment