Wednesday 27 January 2016

Online scam for gite owners

I have received another enquiry for my gite in Evran today but this one is a scam. 
I can tell this is a scam:
 
See the wording:

 I want to make a reservation in your facility for Eight (6) of our newly ordained priest from Macedonia, they will be visiting your country for a seven (7) days religious program in the month of March / April 2016.

Arrival Date :..............30th March, 2016
Departure Date:.........5th  April, 2016

Number of guest: (6)
Number of rooms: (3)

Please, kindly confirm availability of the requested rooms and get back to me with total cost, so we can pay a deposit in advance for the rooms to be reserved for them, am waiting for your swift email response. ASAP.  

They never mention the word 'gite' but 'facility' or 'accommodation' instead.
 
They always ask for a 'cost' rather than a 'price'.  

Be very careful and ignore the email. 





No comments:

Post a Comment