Thursday 4 November 2010

Making grape juice


I have just picked the last grapes that grow on our cottage. I could turn them into wine but I don't drink wine so I am turning them into lovely grape juice!

My Mam has just given me her juice extractor, it is not new but works very well.

So far I have made about 12 litres of juice.

I only make about 3 liters at the time as it ferments rather quickly (after 5 or 6 days in the fridge).
It is a very healthy drink as it is pure fruit.

I wish I could freeze some to drink during the winter. Does anyone know if I could freeze fresh juice? Let me know!

Brittany has a mild climate. Most fruits and veg grow fairly easily. The nearest vineyards from Brittany are in the Loire Valley, about 2 hours from here. I guess grapes would do well also in Brittany. No, I am not going into wine making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment