If you are looking for a second-hand car in France, here are the possibilities:
- Ask your local garage. If he hasn’t got the car you are looking for, he might find it through a dealer he works with. My local garage always finds cars for my English clients. I just need to give him the make, model and the budget (an any other requirements for example colors) and he always find one within a week. You should get a 3 or 6 month guarantee with it.
- Local papers: our local newspaper “Ouest-France” has a lot of adverts mainly in the Saturday papers. French newspapers have a web site where you will find the adverts if you don’t buy the papers.
- A good web site to look for a second-hand car is www.leboncoin.fr. You will find adverts from private people and businesses.
- Read the adverts at your local supermarkets! Usually supermarkets in France have a big board where adverts can be placed for free.
- If you live in Brittany, visit the car auction in Rennes. See my post about it here.
- See this post here about buying a second-hand car in the UK even if you live in France!